ArtYarn invite you to knit, crochet or embroider fabric flowers, leaves, bugs, butterflies and birds, anything you wish that inspires you from nature.
We will be pinning and sewing all of your creations on to our sculptural installation, you can see a simple sketch of the sculpture by clicking here.
If you need patterns we have many links to free knit and crochet patterns. We also have a collection of inspirational embroidery project that you may wish to look at to help you along with your creation.
There are just a few simple guidelines for you to follow when you are making your nature inspired fibre artworks.
If you have any questions about the project; how to make your contributions or if you wish to send us a photo of your knitting, crochet or embroidery project in progress for our blog, please e-mail us at:
- All knitting, crochet and embroidery art works should not be bigger than Approx. 10cm in either direction. This is so that we can fit everyones contributions onto the installation.
- You may submit as many pieces as you wish.
- You may follow any pattern
- For any knitted or crocheted pieces we suggest you use acrylic yarn as this will withstand all weather types and will last a long time, beyond the festival.
- For embroidered submissions you may use any type of fabric, please bear in mind typical english weather conditions and the installation will be outdoors.
- We would like to credit your work and feature if on our project blog as we receive it, so please make sure you tell us your name and location so we can share it with all of our blog readers.
Please send all submissions to ArtYarns studio address:
Rachael Elwell: ArtYarn.